Making Sure Our Taps Will Never Run Dry

loading Teluk Bahang Dam.

World Water Day – March 22 – is about addressing the reasons why so many people are left without clean water.

Penang faces a predicament of its own: it is a water-stressed state with limited raw water resources; the Muda River is its most precious resource, supplying 80% of the state’s water, pumped from the Lahar Tiang Intake through the Sungai Dua Canal; and its water catchments, stretching 62.9km wide, make up the remaining 20%.1


To read the rest of the article and to access our e-Archive, subscribe to us for RM150 a year.



Related Articles